Dienstag, 24. Dezember 2013
Montag, 23. Dezember 2013
Christmas is the time for family and friends. But if you have a lot of friends and family, it is not easy to find a present for everyone. Finding a present for everyone can be stressful and very expensive. If you don't know a person so well or if you have no clue what the person wants, sweets or alcohol are always a good solution there.
This year I've decided to make some orange chocolate sticks, since they look really nice and selfmade gifts are always quite appealing.
So here is my recipe for this delicious sweet sin ;)
1. Cut some organic oranges where you want to peel them (i think it is best to cut the peel in quarters). I used 5 oranges for about 90-100 sticks.
2. Put the peels into some boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes, then let the peels cool down, boil again.
3. Make sirup from 1 lt water and 500g sugar.
Put the peels into the boiling syrup for 5 minutes. Let everything cool down again. Repeat again and again, until the peels are really soft (so soft you could easily split them with a spoon).
4. Cut the peels into stripes (mine are between 0, 5 -1cm) and let them dry on a grid over night.
5. When the peels are dry, melt some chocolate in a water bath. I used white and extra dark organic chocolate.
6. Then just dip the sticks in the chocolate. For decoration i took a wooden stick and put some dark chocolate drops on the white sticks. You can also do this vice versa if you like.
I still have to buy some nice boxes today for packing up my sweet gift :)
Hope you have fun with this recipe!
Sonntag, 15. Dezember 2013
Since then I have started working in a new job, chosen a new topic for my bachelor thesis and found I wanted to study another bachelor program, either in art and design or languages (german, english). So it has been quite a busy time since october!
Since Christmas is coming up, I wanted to show you an easy but nice DIY for a christmas present.
I am giving this to some friends. Since I can't spend so much money on every present, I wanted to give something selfmade and nice.
My idea was to make some bath salts and body oil for dry skin during wintertime.
1. Bottles (you can get those at every interior store)
2. unrefined, non-treated sea salt
3. Organic olive oil (you can also use other basic oils, such as avocado or argane oil - i chose olive oil because it is perfect for any skin type, and not too expensive)
4. essential oil (i chose lavender and bergamotte - the former helps calming down, the latter gives energy and smells more like citrus)
5. Dried rose buds (or any kind of dried flowers)
For the bath salt, mix salt and olive oil with a spoon.
Mix in a few drops of one of the essential oils and stir well.
Put some rose buds on top for decoration.
For the body oil, first put the rose buds into a bottle.
Put a few drops of the essential oil in it.
Pour olive oil on top (use a funnel if necessary).
Hope you like my idea :) Next week I'll post something on decorating christmas presents - I am already soooo excited abou it :D